INTRO (125 bpm): Last week my first english post went online, here ist part 2. You remember, I wanted to share a few moments with you…
#1 It was during our University open door event, I was the main act –as a DJ- for the after party. For this I had prepared a very moderate, not too wild House set of old Chicago House and some contemporary tracks. I started to play, people started to dance, everything seemed ok. After a while my co-DJ teased me “Dare to speed up a bit?”, which I did playing Hinz & Ruhmhardt/Doch. The crowd liked it and so I tried a bit more, Alcatraz – Giv Me Luv (Nicole Moudaber Remix). Then Mattew Jay/Javes and this game continued throughout the night: I gave them my favourite music, they loved it and it was the perfect rave for a perfect night. Which I never would have guessed when the evening started.
#2 This happened at an event second to last weekend, where I was booked to play directly after the main act, who happened to be a quite popular German hip-hop DJ. Of course I had asked the promoter my standard question, being “Are you aware of the kind of music I play (completely non-commercial, that is)?”, to which he replied he was, having seen me at that above mentioned University event. Still I was mulling over what to play for more than a week, wanting to please the –rather senior- host without getting off my track too much. I even prepared alternative sets to be ready for everything. Then, driving to the location that night, I had an epiphany: Of course I would play “my” Techno. Maybe a bit risky, but when life gets boring – risk it. Taking over then from the hip-hop main act I joked to him how my music would empty the dance floor in a few minutes. I made my start with Joseph Capriati’s The Gallery (Original Mix). I love this track, and – to my great joy – so did the audience, people rushed TO the dancefloor and we shared a marvelous 90 minutes. Afterwards the popular hip hopper came to me to compliment me for a great (hard) set that he would not have dared to play on such an event.
So you see, the message is quite clear: Concentrate on what you really love, if you say yes to everything, you get to places you never wanted to be!
Mehr zu diesem Thema…
- Mixcon 2020 – die Geheimnisse des Personal Branding in Kurzform.
- Warum eigentlich Personal Branding? Teil 2, was bringt es mir eigentlich?
- Was Sie schon immer über Personal Branding wissen wollten und warum die mixcon 2020 der erste Schritt in die richtige Richtung ist.
- Let’s play techno tonight…
- Was man nicht so alles im Internet findet…
- THD goes DJing! Die vierte Runde.
- Endlich mal wieder ein neues DJ-set. email@example.com, #1.
- Mal wieder von meiner eigenen Zeitplanung überholt worden. Die Selbstverwirklichung muss dann mal warten.
- Nichts schief gegangen! Gasherbrum ist online.
- Auf zu neuen Gestaden! Am 13. Mai beginnt ein neues Kapitel!