Last week we had a closer look at Joseph Capriati and his strategic positioning. But of course focusing on only one artist doesn´t bring us anywhere near to understanding the full potential of the positioning matrix.
So – let´s have a look at two of his competitors, Len Faki and Mattew Javes. Both stand for hard and driving techno tracks: rythm based, few synthy sounds, crashes, sharp high hats, no melody. Now in our marketing language that is the segment they cover – which, unfortunately, is quite overcrowded! Why is that so? Well, this certain kind of techno is not too difficult to produce, all you need is a kick drum, a few synthesizer chords and some stylistic devices (see above).
Is it a good idea to do what zillions of others do, or would you rather differentiate yourself from the „mass“, other DJs and producers that is? Well, you won´t be surprised to hear that it´s the latter that leeds the path to more revenues and profits! Which brings us back to Joseph Capriati and his so surprisingly different track. All the more likely that this indeed IS the start of his re-positioning, to follow the path to more…, well, you get the idea.
Hope you are by now a step closer to giving your passion a strategic framework and define your own place in the positioning matrix. Next week we´ll see how other DJs go about positioning. Stay tuned!
Listen to Len Faki (One of my favourites)
Listen to Mattew Jay (One of my favourites)
Mehr zu diesem Thema…
- House Altar Februar 2022
- Die Musiktipps für die Silvesterfete vom DJ-Professor und ein Blick hinter die Kulissen einer ARD-Fernsehsendung.
- House Altar – Mai 2021 DJ Set.
- My Uncle’s House Altar – März 2021 DJ Set.
- Mixcon 2020 – die Geheimnisse des Personal Branding in Kurzform.
- Warum eigentlich Personal Branding? Teil 2, was bringt es mir eigentlich?
- Was Sie schon immer über Personal Branding wissen wollten und warum die mixcon 2020 der erste Schritt in die richtige Richtung ist.
- Let’s play techno tonight…
- Was man nicht so alles im Internet findet…
- THD goes DJing! Die vierte Runde.