I had been musing about doing this for more than four months, which is quite a long time. But experience teaches us to handle any new Microsoft OS with EXTREME care. Don´t we all remember the Vista desaster and all the trouble with Windows 8…
When I had bought the Surface beginning of August last year I very soon discovered that all the experts were right: Windows 8 is an annoying desktop OS, far from a real tablet/mobile OS. Certainly nothing like the usability we see and love in all the IOS products. Therefore I wasn´t exactly happy with Windows 8, either, and started screening expert reports and other users´s complaints. In December I was finally ready to try the upgrade which I scheduled for the Christmas holidays in order not to collide with any important customer presentation. I reserved a whole weekend for all the troubleshooting and bug fixing I expected to see.
But – to my utter and complete surprise, apart from some very minor hassle with icloud, everything was running smooth and without any issues, all my major software like Ableton Live, Native Instruments, Corel Painter/Draw, itunes etc. No blue screen, no crash! And even better, I really like Windows 10, it´s perfect for the Surface, making it faster and more convenient to use. I challenged Cortana (asking her about Siri, naughty me), tried out StaffPad and more of the new apps coming with Windows 10. So, in all honesty, I´m very happy with my tablet now, and as for the few issues left, there´s lots of updates and improvements coming….
Mehr zu diesem Thema…
- Personal Branding für DJs.
- 4 Jahre mit einem Surface Book – heute schon geärgert? Teil 3
- 4 Jahre mit einem Surface Book – heute schon geärgert? Teil 2
- 4 Jahre mit einem Surface Book – heute schon geärgert? Teil 1
- Personal Branding für Künstler – der Überblick über meine empirische Studie
- Marketingthema der Woche: Die Mädels und die Latte (Macchiato)
- Personal Branding, die Ergebnisse der Umfrage. Teil 8.
- House Altar – Mai 2021 DJ Set.
- Personal Branding, die Ergebnisse der Umfrage. Teil 7.
- Die Online-Vermarktung von erklärungsbedürftigen Produkten: eine zentrale Herausforderung für das Content Marketing.