Let’s have a look at the results of the personal branding survey. We will make it short and crisp. Today we’re looking at the following questions: age distribution, use of Instagram and how many participants follow artists.
A quick look at the graph shows that a relatively large number of participants in the study do have an Instagram account. However, one has to be careful above a certain age level. There are only 36 participants older than 45, which is slightly more than 3% of the sample. We can sum up the 36 participants and get the following result: in the age category 46-100, about 38% do not have an Instagram account, while 62% do. Also an interesting result.
So what does this mean for an artist who wants to promote him/herself on Instagram? It’s an interesting channel that reaches a broad age spectrum. What surprised us was that the majority of the participants are now on Instagram.
Let’s take a look at the next diagram. I have only selected those participants who stated that they follow various artists. Again a surprise, more than 50% follow at least one artist. Many more than we expected.
That’s it for today. There will be more next week.
More about Personal Branding…
- Personal branding for the visual arts: the importance of the artistic work.
- Personal Branding for the Visual Arts.
- 4 questions that will make your personal branding project go down the drain.
- Personal Branding, a journey?
- Personal Branding for musicians.
- Personal Branding for Artists – the entire study.
- Personal branding for DJs.
- Personal branding, the results of the survey. Part 8.
- Personal branding, the results of the survey. Part 7.
- Personal branding, the results of the survey. Part 6.