The Corona pandemic has hit artists particularly hard. No matter whether they are musicians, DJs, actors or singers, most have been driven into vocational isolation. As bad as the situation is, you can still do something for yourself and your own marketing. And that brings us to the heart of my study, Personal Branding for Artists.
I can’t help any artist financially, but I can perhaps give one or the other artist a little push in the direction of self-marketing with my expertise. Maybe then the forced standstill will have a positive Phoenix-from-the-ashes effect.
What is this study about?
Together with my student assistant, Ms. Katharina Ebner, I started this project last year. It was clear to us that we were focusing on Instagram, because this social network is used by a great many people of completely different ages. We wanted to find out how artists perform compared to other influencers from completely different fields (for example, fitness, fashion, cosmetics, etc.). Another important point was to analyze the reasons why fans and followers follow their artists and to what extent there is room for optimization in the relationship with fans and followers. True to my motto: if you can’t directly create or improve something with a research finding, then it was for the trash can.
Is this study valid?
We had a total of 1047 valid returns. This is a pretty good number and so far my best result in any of my empirical studies. The study period started on Jan. 4, 2021 and ended on Feb. 1, 2021. Without giving much away in advance, some of the results were surprising to us, but more on that in the following weeks.
What happens next?
I promised to make the results of this study available for free, in a way as a small, non-monetary support for the artists. Today it starts, be curious!
More about Personal Branding…
- Personal branding, the results of the survey. Part 5
- Personal branding, the results of the survey. Part 4.
- Personal branding, the results of the survey. Part 3
- Personal branding, the results of the survey. Part 2.
- Personal branding survey, the results of the survey. Part 1.
- Personal Branding for Artists – An Empirical Study, Part 1
- pBrand of the week: Matuschke
- A Christmas gift for executives – personal branding with how2change
- All problems solved! Discover the power of the pBranding-Ishikawa-Diagram.
- Long live the freedom of theory! The new, practice-oriented approach in my marketing lecture at the THD